If you haven't already, check out Part 1!
Jennifer P. asked:
I'd love to know if you continue wearing aqua and lavender?
Um, not exactly. Those colors were more popular in the 80's. You're an interior decorator, you should know that one! DUH! =0)
Hot Tub Lizzy asked:
What's your favorite comfort food?
That would be....................................CHEESE PUFFS!!!
Did you go to summer camp?
Why yes, yes I did - once! I attended Camp Marietta in Marietta, SC when I was in the 4th grade. I went with a group of little girls from my cousin Jennifer's church in Greenville (also SC). I don't remember much of my experience except that another girl in the cabin whose name was Candy was quite - how shall I say this kindly - well endowed for a 10 year old. Candy was not at all modest and liked to display her lovelies at unannounced times while we were in the cabin. Needless to say, I got an education. Probably not what my mother was envisioning would come from a week at a Christian camp.
Do you pronounce your name Carolynn or Caroline?
Thank you for asking this question. You will be my friend for life because you asked me first how to pronounce my name instead of assuming to know the proper pronunciation.
I pronounce my name (cue drum roll)....................................Caro-line (with a long 'i', i.e. Caroline Kennedy). I have been called "Carolyn" about forty-hundred times and not that its a bad name, its just not my name!
If you're still confused about the pronunciation, please, just call me Caro (as in Karo Corn Syrup).
The Queen In Residence asked:
Your best day, what was it and why?
Well, the obvious would be my wedding day or the redhead's day of birth. Other than that, I would say it was the redhead's day of birth and I'll tell you why. Its because I looked like this (and actually, this picture was taken a MONTH before he was born) -At the risk of sounding shallow, I was excited because I knew I could then lose the miserable amounts of fluid I gained from the preeclampsia that started at week 33 and the 50+ lbs I gained throughout the pregnancy. I was absolutely miserable the last 3 weeks. I was taken out of work, put on bed rest, and was in and out of the hospital 4 times in the 4 weeks before his birth. Needless to say, after he arrived, I was relieved!
Sarah @ The Wonderful Life That I Live asked:
Favorite color?
Green
What is the meanest thing you ever did as a kid?
When I was in the 5th grade, I hung out with two girls, Rachel and Carrie. Rachel and I were BFF's and Carrie was kind of a 3rd wheel. Rachel and I ganged up and decided we would start "Friday Fights", where we would pick a fight with Carrie. Carrie, if you're reading this, I'm so sorry.
Children can be so cruel.
Ainsley asked:
What are some of the other things that put you out?
Good question Ainsley! I think I better compose a list (not all-inclusive...we'd be here a while).
1) Most things about Wal-Mart (with the exception of the cream-cheese covered cinnamon buns)
2) People who cut across parking lots and neglect to look out for the people who actually follow the rules
3) Impatient drivers (I really get put out a lot while I'm driving. Its really insane the amount of stupid people who are granted a license to drive)
4) the constant whining of an almost 2 year old redheaded child
5) telemarketers
6) door to door solicitations
7) loose dogs who come out at me while I'm walking
8) rude people in general
9) Ruby from "Max and Ruby" - its on right now and not only is her voice annoying as all get out, she's way too bossy to Max, poor little lamb.
Wilson Ramblings asked:
What's your favorite part of being a mom?
Knowing that I (and sometimes his daddy) am the only one who can "kiss it and make it all better" when he's hurt or just wanting a snuggle. I love snuggles (or "nuggies" as we sometimes call them)
Strawberry Blonde asked:
Who was your favorite NKOTB?
I'm all for the underdog. EEwwwww, not Danny (a.k.a. Monkey Boy). I preferred Jon, Jordon's older and more mature brother. I put his poster from Teen Beat on my closet door and would kiss it. Yah, that's probably more than you needed to know.
Favorite date with Mr. Baseball?
We've had lots of good ones, but my favorite would probably be the time he took me to Grandfather Mountain (near Boone, NC) for my 26th birthday. We hiked, took in some beautiful views of the Blue Ridge Mountains, and had dinner at Storie Street Grille in Blowing Rock, followed by ice cream at Kilwin's. It was wonderful! Some of my favorite memories with Adam are from trips we've taken to the mountains. I just love spending quality alone time with him.
Where do you want to retire?
I'm not really sure. As much as we love the NC mountains, that would probably be our first choice. Really, I'll go anywhere, as long as I'm with Mr. Baseball.
Octamom asked:
In 50 years, what is the most secret desire of your heart you hope to have accomplished (and not just great wife, great mom, etc)?!?!
In fifty years, I'll be 81. I hope by then that my life would mirror Philippians 1:27 - "Whatever happens, conduct yourselves in a manner worthy of the gospel of Christ."
Laurie asked:
What about your life as an adult would have most surprised Caroline the kid (interpret that time as anything pre-college graduation)?
That I could actually grasp finances (thanks to Mr. Baseball) and not fall into a crying heap while opening a checking account (yes, I have done that before). AND - that I would grow to like baseball (thanks again to Mr. Baseball) and watching golf on tv.
If you could relive one perfect, but technically "ordinary" day (this ruling out your wedding or the redhead's birth, since they definitely weren't "ordinary" days) of your life, what would it be?
I would want to relive my family's trip to Ireland. More specifically, the day we went to the Cliffs of Moher. It was beyond breathtaking.
How someone could see this and still deny Intelligent Design is beyond me. There's only one other time that I have stood overlooking landscape (or ocean) and truly realized how vast the world is. Its very humbling.
Rose asked:
What is your favorite memory from UNCG?
Geez, that's a toughie. I still consider those four years I spent there to be some of the best years of my life. While I have many many great memories (and a whole scrapbook full of pictures), one particular one comes to mind. When I was a junior in high school I went to visit my sister and she took me to an InterVarsity Christian Fellowship (IVCF) meeting at UNCG (where she was a freshman). During one of the songs, God got my attention. He didn't speak in an audible voice, but in my heart, I knew He wanted me to follow Him. I didn't make a decision at that moment, but I believe that was a turning point in my faith.
Veggie Mom asked:
Does red hair run in your family, or is the red-head the first one?
The redhead takes after his great-grandmother (my mom's mom), who in her younger years had bright red hair. We also think someone in Mr. Baseball's lineage was a redhead also.
and...
Kari so kindly reminded me of my most embarrassing moment post-childhood.
My senior year in high school, my best friend Stephanie and I sang a duet to Twila Paris' "The Warrior Is a Child" at our youth group (which was not small). I completely FORGOT ALL the words to the first verse I was supposed to sing SOLO. Gone. Nothin. DEAFENING SILENCE!!! Yah. Not one of my most stellar moments.
Oh yeah, I should mention that Kari's husband, Mike (long before they were ever married), also happened to go to this church and be in this youth group. HE GOT THE ENTIRE THING ON VIDEO!!! super. Pretty darned embarrassing.
But I'm over it.
So there you have it. Your questions - answered! Thanks for comin' out!
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
your questions answered - part 2
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

24 coins in my pocket:
I would also like to mention that I can be bribed. If any of your readers are interested in seeing teenage Caroline. Because that's how I roll.
Just found your blog and I'm lovin it!
I heart the NC mountains too ... go there every chance we get!
Now I'm craving Kilwins and the Trolley Stop.
Kari, quit talkin' smack. I'm not scared.
Caro-LINE. Yep-yep. My Caroline gets called "Carolynn" all the time, too. I'm all, "Like Caroline Kennedy...but we're not Democrats." 'Cause I'm so afraid of someone thinking I am.
ANYWAY...
Sigh...the Cliffs of Moher...how I long to go back there.
Thanks for putting Twila in my head now..."They don't knooooooow that I go running home when I fall down..." Good memories. Good times.
More fun answers!
Yep yep yep, Jon IS the best NKOTB, hands down. I thought he was the underdog, too, so I always picked him so his feelings weren't hurt. ahem.... strange much?
UNCG? As in the home of Yum-Yum's? Home of the bright red boiled hot dog? (: My hubby is from Gboro and we stop there almost every visit. Because nothing says "healthy" like an atomic-colored wiener.
I heart Kilwins! If only they didn't break the bank everytime we go! I want to go to Ireland, even if it does break the bank!
Caro...I so knew your name was pronounced Caroline...because don't these people know about the SUPER E??? When you put an "e" on the end of the word, the vowel prior to it has the long sound..."eye"...things you learn when your kids are in first grade!These last few posts were great!
Yeah!! I asked the right question!! But I think I'm gonna go with Caro cause then I'll feel all cool and "in" and stuff. Mmm kay?
Now my big question is: were you able to achieve that creepy voice at the end of the song repeating in a robot-like monotone, "the-warrior-is-a-child"? With your gift for sound effects, it seems like your talents would have been wasted on the first verse anyway! :)
Tuzzin Jenn
You mean your most favorite memories of UNCG aren't when I came to visit? You can't tell me the time we watched "G" light his fart in the pitch black dorm room didn't even make the top 5. Wow, what an explosion! It was even more beautiful than the Northern Lights.
You mean to tell me you are going to pick the life altering moment that the Holy Spirit spoke to your heart?....LOSER! (For those of you that don't know me...that was sarcasm.)
P.S.- I don't even remember you forgetting the words to that song. I just remember finding out years later that we actually kind of sucked. Ahhh, the confidence of youth. Too bad Mike crushed it in one fell swoop with the gentle pressing of the Play button.
Oh, Kari, I also have pictures of teenage Caroline. A LARGE variety. We could join evil forces and form a legal partnership. If Caroline doesn't bend to our commands, we could drill a hole to the center of the earth, and flood the world with liquid hot mag-ma. Austin Powers? Anyone...anyone?
Noonzie,
Get a blog already.
A legal partnership! Caroline, FEAR OUR LEGAL PARTNERSHIP!
Hey Caroline!
Thanks for stopping by - sorry I've been MIA.
As for Debbie's comment, yeah - but who spells coreckly theez dais anywae?
And Lula cracks me up even off her blog.
And I fear the legal partnership whether you do, or not, Caro.
Oh, and I'm going with Caro like HotTub just cuz it's all clique-ish and such.
Been here just been too busy to comment, cuz, you know, I comment in stream of conscious and that just takes a long time to type out all my amazing thoughts.
*heart you* - oh, and I *hearted you* before you got all famous, SITSah, just so's it's on the record.
*wink*
Soooooooo interesting to get a glimpse into your non-bloggy life! My sister was born a redhead and now is auburn; my youngest was a carrot top, but is now a brunette. We've got that gene lying around somewhere, too!
That was so fun to learn more about you. That gives my an idea for my blog......brutal honesty with the Q&A.
At least Carolyn is a version of your name. I get called Michelle all the time. How does that sound like Melissa? Can anyone answer that one?
Go Debbie with your sassy homeschool mom grammar lesson. You must be a terrorist cuz you da bomb!!!!!
I'm workin' on it woman. You have another kid and see how busy you are. Please be content for now that I am hopefully making you laugh in your comment section. Soon I will be making you laugh even more in a blog of my very own. Just love me through this, won't you?
Well, of course I know aqua and lavendar isn't the most "hip" combination---I was just wondering if YOU did ;)?!
Fun to learn more about you--especially the "friday fights" and your best date.
And LOVED your SITS afterglow pictures. I loved my SITS day as much as my birthday!!!
What a fun idea--it's been so neat to get to 'know' you better!
Blessings!
Oooh, I also hate drivers who cut across parking lots like the lines weren't painted there for a reason. Rulebreakers!
I think I need to get some more sleep, cause it took me over two minutes to figure out that you don't pronounce your name "cue drum roll"
You had some really fantastic questions asked and great answers, too, Carol-I-ne. I'm glad I know how to pronounce your name now. :)
After reading all that I walk away extremely pleased with myself for pronouncing your name correctly in my head (high fiving self) and I agree GREAT questions!!
Post a Comment